Deputy Prime Minister of Azerbaijan Ali Hasanov and the Minister of Culture and Tourism of Azerbaijan Abulfas Garayev have visited the United Nations Library.
The Director of the UNOG Library Francesco Pisano spoke about the history of the Library: currently the Library is the one of the League of Nations which was collapsed in 1946. There is preserved valued information concerning the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic.
In 2016, according to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the United Nations Office in Geneva and the Permanent mission of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva, all the information related to the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic was formatted in a digital form.
On the 3rd of October the hard disc with all the information according to the Memorandum was presented to the Deputy Prime Minister Ali Hasanov by Francesco Pisano.
Other related news:
- Azerbaijani delegation attends 68th session of UNHCR Executive Committee - LINK
- Inauguration of the Sculpture «Thoughts and Desires» at Palais des Nations - LINK
- Azerbaijani Delegation led by Ali Hasanov met with the Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva Michael Møller - LINK
- Ali Hasanov, Deputy Prime Minister of Azerbaijan, had a meeting with Filippo Grandi, High Commissioner for Refugees - LINK
- The Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan to cooperate with WIPO - LINK