On October 3 during the official visit in Geneva, the Minister of Education of Azerbaijan Mikayil Jabbarov had a meeting with the Director-General of WIPO Francis Gurry. The Chairman of the Copyright Agency Kamran Imanov, the Chairman of the State Committee for Standardization, Metrology and Patent of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ramiz Hasanov and the Permanent Representative of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva Vaqif Sadiqov also participated the meeting.
During the meeting, the sides have discussed the prospects of cooperation between Azerbaijan and WIPO, the formation and development of intellectual property policy in higher education institutions, strengthening the opportunities of higher education institutions to use the intellectual property system.
At the end of the meeting, Education Minister Mikail Jabbarov and WIPO Director-General Francis Gurry have signed a statement. Cooperation with the WIPO will create new opportunities for the integration of higher education institutions into the economic field, including the creation of an ecosystem focused on the development of start-ups.
Other related news:
- Azerbaijani delegation attends 68th session of UNHCR Executive Committee - LINK
- Inauguration of the Sculpture «Thoughts and Desires» at Palais des Nations - LINK
- Ali Hasanov, Deputy Prime Minister of Azerbaijan, had a meeting with Filippo Grandi, High Commissioner for Refugees - LINK
- Azerbaijani Delegation led by Ali Hasanov met with the Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva Michael Møller - LINK
- Copies of 36 thousand pages of archive documents were presented to Azerbaijani delegation at United Nations Library - LINK