On July 21 of the current year, radical Armenian Dashnaks living in Los Angeles staged a protest action with aggressive and provocative slogans in front of the General Consulate of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles.
In response to the action of Armenian radical groups, members of the Azerbaijani community in California marched out towards the numerous Armenian provocateurs, who exceeded them in numbers and raised the slogans exposing Armenia's aggression against Azerbaijan and its policy of ethnic cleansing.
Radical Armenian Dashnaks have demonstrated violence and aggression against peaceful Azerbaijani protesters, and even Los Angeles police, who were responsible to provide security, has failed to prevent their vandalism. Armenian radicals attacked Azerbaijani protesters, injuring seven people, including a woman.
It is unfortunate to note that we are currently witnessing attempts by radical Armenian groups to use violence and vandalism against peaceful Azerbaijani protesters in various parts of the world, including the United States and a number of European countries. Such provocative actions, which contradict fundamental values, including the right of freedom of expression, and generally incompatible with the civil behavior, are a clear example of the implementation by the radical Armenian groups of the aggressive policy pursued by the Republic of Armenia and its leadership.
Armenian criminals should bear legal responsibility for the demonstration of violence and atrocities against Azerbaijani demonstrators in the city of Los Angeles, USA, as well as in European countries, including for the aggression against Azerbaijani demonstrators on July 22, 2020, in the city of Brussels, and moreover, the law enforcement agencies of the respective countries should be responsible for ensuring the security of the Azerbaijani communities in these countries.
We would like to note that the US Ambassador to Azerbaijan has been summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs over the barbaric acts committed by Armenian radicals in Los Angeles.
- ABOUT AZERBAIJAN
- COOPERATION WITH INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- Cooperation with the United Nations
- Human Rights
- Economy, Trade and Development
- Humanitarian and Social issues
- International Bureau of Education (IBE)
- International Civil Defence Organisation (ICDO)
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
- Arms control and Disarmament
- Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)